Privacy Notice: We do not sell or rent our electronic mailing list. You may remove yourself from the list at anytime by choosing the unsubscribe link at the bottom of email correspondence from Riviera Advisors generated through the use of our opt-in email list. Some data is provided by Riviera Advisors clients to poll or survey respondents which client’s provide. Client provided data is also private and is not sold or rented for any reason. To be removed from a survey request email from Riviera Advisors, simply send an unsubscribe request to surveys@RivieraAdvisors.com
By using this site, you agree to the following:
Information provided on this Web site is the intellectual property of Riviera Advisors, Inc. and is protected by law. Any unauthorized use or reproduction without permission is expressly prohibited.
Information on this Web site may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. Information may be changed or updated without notice. This Web site does not constitute an offer or contract.
We make no representations whatsoever about other Web sites which you may access through this one. When you access a different Web site, please understand that it is an independent site for which we have no control over the content on that Web site. Any link to a non-Riviera Advisors Web site shall not be construed as an endorsement. We accept no responsibility for the content, use, or products and services made available through such Web sites.
In no event shall Riviera Advisors be liable to any party for any direct, indirect, special or other consequential damages for any use of this Web site, or any other hyperlinked Web site, including, without limitation, any lost profits, business interruption, loss of programs or other data or otherwise, even if we are expressly advised of the possibility of such damages.
Information on this Web site is provided “as-is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusions of implied warranties, so the above exclusion may not apply to you.
Updated and Effective as of: June 1, 2012
- Use any of the following websites: www.rivieraadvisors.com, www.staroundtable.com, www.candidatesurveys.net and www.recruitconsult.net
- Participate in market research activities, including questionnaires, surveys, and online focus groups, offered, provided, hosted, or administered by us (collectively, “Research Activities”).
We also participate in the Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of data from the European Union (the “Framework”). Information about the U.S. Department of Commerce Safe Harbor certification can be found at www.export.gov/safeharbor. Our compliance with the Framework may be limited in certain cases to the extent necessary to meet national security, public interest, or law enforcement requirements.
What is Personal Information?
Personal Information is any information that is identifiable with you. Personal Information may include, but is not limited to, your name, date of birth, gender, mailing address, phone number, email address, identification numbers and, in certain circumstances, your opinions and individual preferences. Personal Information, however, does not include your name, business title, business address, business telephone number, business fax, or business email in your capacity as an employee of an organization, or, depending upon the jurisdiction, publicly available information. However, if you participate in Research Activities in your capacity as an employee of an organization, your responses will not be identified to you without your consent.
How Do We Collect Your Personal Information?
We always will collect your Personal Information by fair and lawful means. For instance, we collect Personal Information from survey participants when they participate in Research Activities (“Discovery Participants”), and other users of our Websites (“Site Users”) when they request information regarding our products and services. We also obtain e-mail addresses of prospective Discovery Participants from our clients as well as providers of address lists who have assured us that such lists are comprised of individuals who have consented to be listed.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We may use your Personal Information (i) to contact you and communicate with you about your your participation in Research Activities, (ii) to conduct Research Activities with you and provide you with the results of such Research Activities, (iii) to validate answers you provide us in connection with your participation in Research Activities, (iv) to notify you about new features on our Websites, or other products or services that we think you may be interested in, (v) to administer and manage our incentives programs and fulfill your requests for incentives, (vi) to allow you to participate in sweepstakes and to notify you if you are a sweepstakes winner, (vii) to update our records of your information, (viii) to provide service and support to you, (ix) to verify the integrity of submitted information, and (x) as otherwise permitted by law or authorized by you.
We may maintain your Personal Information in order to satisfy your requests and/or our business requirements. For instance, we may retain the email address of persons who opted out, or requested to be removed from, one of our surveys in order to ensure that we conform to such wish.
- In accordance with market research industry guidelines, we may provide your Personal Information to a third party, including the client who commissioned the Research Activity you participated in, so long as the third party is contractually bound to keep your Personal Information confidential and use it only for research or statistical purposes;
- In connection with market research services, to our authorized and approved agents, contractors, or partners that facilitate such services, including, without limitation, incentive program and sweepstakes prize fulfillment, web hosting, list matching, quality control, and the like; provided, however, such parties may use your Personal Information only to provide services to Riviera Advisors and may not share your Personal Information with any other third parties;
- In response to the request or requirement of any law enforcement agency or governmental authority, to such government agencies or instrumentalities;
- Pursuant to required legal process, to the related compelling party;
- When necessary or desirable to exercise or preserve our legal rights;
- When we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with suspected or actual illegal activity;
- In connection with a change of ownership, such as a merger or an acquisition or a sale of any or all of our business assets; or
- As otherwise authorized by you.
What Other Information Do We Collect And How Do We Use The Information?
If you elect to participate in Research Activities, we also may collect certain demographic information about you, including, without limitation, your income level, interests, hobbies, and product/technology usage. We collect this information so that we can invite you to participate in Research Activities that correspond with your interests and/or background. We also use this information to ensure that our Discovery Participants meet the demographic requirements for each Research Activity.
Additionally, we (or our survey technology provider) may automatically collect a variety of machine readable information about you and/or use certain technologies when you participate in certain Research Activities, as discussed below.
- Cookies. Like many companies, we use browser cookies on our Websites. Browser cookies are bits of text that are placed on your computer’s hard drive when you visit certain websites. We use browser cookies to tell us, for example, whether you’ve visited us before or if you’re a new visitor, and to help us identify features on our Websites in which you may have the greatest interest. Browser cookies may enhance your online experience by saving your preferences while you are visiting our Websites. We and our authorized and approved agents, contractors, and partners also may use session ID cookies to make it easier for you to navigate our Websites. The “help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will instruct you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Remember though, without cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the features on our Websites or participate in certain Research Activities. We also may use Flash cookies (also known as a Local Shared Objects) for a variety of research purposes, including, without limitation, to enhance your online experience, help maintain the integrity of our research data, store certain of your preferences, display content based upon what you view, personalize your visit, track your behavior and activities across multiple visits to our Websites, detect duplicates, and combat fraudulent participation in Research Activities. Flash cookies are similar to browser cookies, except that they can store data more complex than simple text. Flash cookies, by themselves, cannot do anything to or with the data on your computer. In addition, Flash cookies cannot access or remember your email address or other Personal Information unless you provide the information on our Websites. If you want to delete Flash cookies, you will need to access your Flash Player settings management tool available on Adobe’s website at www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html.
How Do You Access, Correct Or Update The Information You Provide Us?
What Safeguards Have We Implemented To Help Ensure The Security Of Your Information?
We have security measures in place on our Websites that are designed to prevent the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our custody or control. We maintain commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of Personal Information. Additionally, only those authorized employees, contractors, and agents who have a need to know Personal Information in connection with the performance of their services are allowed to access this information. In addition, these individuals and or entities are required to be bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to disciplinary actions, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet their confidentiality obligations. In the unlikely event that we suffer a breach of our security systems and an individual or entity gains unauthorized access to any Personal Information stored on our servers, we will immediately investigate such security breach, and will provide prompt notice to any individual whose Personal Information was affected.
Your Personal Information may be collected, stored, processed, used, and transferred by Riviera Advisors affiliated companies or non-affiliated service providers in one or more countries outside your originating country. By using our Websites, becoming a Panel Member, or participating in Research Activities, you freely and specifically consent to the transfer, storage, use, and disclosure of your Personal Information among our affiliated companies and non-affiliated service providers, wherever located. Our service providers are contractually bound to respect the confidentiality of your Personal Information.
Riviera Advisors, Inc.
PO Box 41446
Long Beach, CA 90853 USA
We will endeavor to respond to all inquiries via email or regular mail within 30 days of receipt.